Careers at The Dispute Service Ltd.
- Head of Managed Finance Services
Head of Managed Finance Services
Deputy Chief Executive (Resources)
TDS Executive Team
- Managing the team
- Setting objectives, dealing with day to day staffing issues; quarterly appraisals.
- Ensuring staff are meeting daily, weekly and monthly targets and that tasks are being completed.
- Approve holidays and ensure that there is adequate cover for holidays
- Hold team meetings.
- Understand the roles so that the job holder can cover tasks as required.
- Delivering the team's objectives
- The team's areas of responsibility are: (tasks marked * the successful candidate should be able to cover in due course):
- TDS Custodial, SafeDeposits Scotland and TDS Northern Ireland receipts; payments and accounting:
- Ensure daily allocation of deposits received and payments made are completed on time.
- Ensure the client bank reconciliation is performed daily and all issues followed up*
- Ensure KPIS are maintained*
- Ensure monthly reports are produced*
- Ensure monthly accounts are produced on time*
- Ensure Board report and monthly SLA report is produced on time
- Ensure budgets and long term business plans are produced*
- Ensure maturity dates of investments and investment of new amounts are dealt with promptly*
- Cover for key team roles
- The successful candidate will have to quickly grasp the key roles within the team namely the SafeDeposits/ TDS Custodial/TDSNI Accountant. It is expected that the successful candidate will be able to cover the key roles when people are on holiday or if vacancies arise.
- The successful candidate will process the company Payroll each month (100 staff) using the existing payroll agency and software
- IT Project
- The successful candidate will be expected to obtain a good working knowledge of the existing SafeDeposits system and play a key role in the migration of SafeDeposits to the new system being used by TDS Custodial and TDS Northern Ireland.
- Equal Opportunities
- Implement TDS' Equal Opportunities Policy, ensuring that all policies and procedures are carried out in accordance with good equal opportunities practice.
The appointed candidate will have:
- Experience of managing a team
- Used Sage;
- Good reconciliation experience;
- Attention to detail;
- Extracted information from databases
- Good communications skills, both verbally and written;
- Good Excel skills;
- Good knowledge of basic accounting (accruals; prepayments; reconciliations; basic management accounts and budgets)
The appointed candidate will ideally have experience of:
- Working in an SME
- Hold a degree ACA or at least ACCA qualified
Required behaviour and attitude
Applicants must be able to:
- demonstrate an excellent affinity for managing staff and managing change;
- be prepared to get involved in the detail, but able to take a high level financial view as well;
- handle a range of different tasks simultaneously and prioritise a heavy workload;
- demonstrate common sense and good judgement;
- have a flexible attitude to work;
- work unsupervised;
- identify with the aims and objectives of TDS:
- demonstrate behaviour types in accordance with The Dispute Service's behaviour and attitude requirements (The 8 C's):
- really care about our customers;
- are curious about the work we do;
- embrace change positively;
- always co-operate with colleagues;
- seek to cultivate success within you team;
- ensure you challenge the status quo;
- are committed to excellence in all that we do;
- help create a great place to work.
Our business hours of operation are 8am to 6pm, and you will be expected to work 37.5 hours per week (9am to 5:30pm). At busy times, or where the role requires it, you will be expected to work as the role requires without further remuneration.
In return we will be able to provide a competitive salary and benefit package, a generous holiday entitlement of 25 days and a great place to work from at our new office in Hemel Hempstead.
- Josanne Leon, Head of Human Resources
- Email: email@example.com